I’m heartbroken. A couple weeks ago, I saw blog posts pop up with info about Sephora’s upcoming Friends & Family sale and I’ve been anxiously looking forward to today, day one of the sale according to reports from others. I thought it was a little odd I didn’t receive an email about the sale from Sephora and since I didn’t see anyone post additional details, I called Sephora’s customer service number to get the scoop. Are you sitting down?
1) In previous years, Sephora Beauty Insiders in the US (basically anyone with an email address) could take advantage of the Friends & Family discount during the designated sale period. In other countries where Sephora operates, the sale was and is truly for friends and family of Sephora employees only.
2) The Sephora Friends & Family discount is no longer open to Sephora Beauty Insiders in the US. Similar to their policy in other countries, the only way to get the discount is through a Sephora employee. Their employees are friendly and helpful, but I have no idea how their system works or how generous they’re allowed to be with their discount during the sale. Can you sweet talk someone at the checkout counter? I’m sure someone will find out.
3) Sephora Beauty Insiders might not be able to take advantage of the Friends & Family sale any longer, but we can “Spin and Win” at sephora.com from now until October 25th. The wheel features prizes including a 10% discount, deluxe samples, and free shipping.
I’m a loyal Sephora customer and I thought the Friends & Family discount was a nice way to say “thank you” for my business. Perhaps I took it for granted (and the change in policy won’t make me stop shopping there), but I’m disappointed they didn’t let Beauty Insiders know not to expect a discount. It makes sense that they wouldn’t blast us with an email about what we’re not getting, but when they’ve offered the discount to everyone for several years…surely I can’t be the only one who looks forward to the sale to stock up on my most-used products and to try new products at a reasonable discount.
- bearded-nun likes this
- beingcc said: I know!! I am so sad, I read about that a few months ago too but thought “No, they wouldn’t” So sad
- beingcc likes this
- creasecolor said: Disappointed in Sephora!
- hannahdotbyrd likes this
- bellebellebeauty likes this
- jegsnakkerarabisk likes this
- herheartdances likes this
- clarajudgypants said: Wha?? I’ve had a list of things I’ve been waiting to buy. Nothing for VIBs, either?
- sarazucker said: SAY WHAT???! americans make up a huge, huge part of their sales. this is really perplexing, from a brand standpoint.
- everybodywasfeelingfine said: AGREED! I’ve been waiting for the email…but it looks like it’s not happening :(
- opinionnothing posted this