I can’t live without it.
I’m already contemplating which lipstick to wear tomorrow night. I think the whole DFA roster calls for several lip changes.
Kick unwanted shine to the curb with my favorite powders at every price point.
1) Maybelline Dream Matte Powder ($5.43 via drugstore.com)
2) Palladio Rice Powder ($5.00 via palladiobeauty.com)
3) Korres Wild Rose Compact Powder ($28 at Sephora)
4) Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder ($45 via chanel.com)
Today’s Face - 05/22/13
From left to right: Blush Horizon de Chanel, Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof mascara, MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation in NW20, NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint in Curvaceous Coal, YSL Touche Éclat, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Tender Night, Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Blonde.
After blush and lipstick, I think my biggest weakness is Trader Joe’s. Every time I go, I fill my cart up with fruit (they charge by the piece, not the pound so I always pick the biggest fruit I can find), cheese and crackers, mochi ice cream, and basically everything dipped or covered in chocolate. I’m wrist-deep in a container of TJ peanut butter cups right now.
Their beauty aisle isn’t anything to scoff at either…
My heart aches for those affected by Oklahoma’s horrific tornado and I can write from personal experience when I tell you that physical and emotional devastation from a natural disaster lingers long after the storm passes.
Today’s Face - 05/15/13
From left to right: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 in Alaska, MAC Moisturecover concealer in NW20, Revlon Baby Stick in Pink Passion, miscellaneous de-potted eyeshadow, MAC #226, Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Blonde, NARS Larger Than Life eyeliner in Barrow Street, Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in #001 Honey.
I’m a terrible juggler which might explain why I can handle putting together a good, albeit plain OOTD and perfect makeup, but my four-day-old hair needs some serious attention.
Best in brows right now:
1) Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner (c/o)
I never thought I’d be light brown or blonde anything, but after becoming a redhead, my brunette and dark brown brow pencils just couldn’t cut it.
1) Relaxing pedicure.
2) When your nails accidentally match your boyfriend’s clothes…
3) Manhattans at Spring Street Natural
4) Soft boiled eggs at Jack’s Wife Freda.
Sounds like your summer is shaping up quite nicely! Here are a few of my favorite travel-friendly, synthetic fragrance-free cleansing options:
1) Bioderma ($8.06 for 100mL)
2) Josie Maran Bare Naked Wipes ($12 for 30 wipes)
3) Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar ($38 for 7.8 oz) - I know it sounds like a crazy option, but this one bar is a one-thing-does-it-all cleansing machine made solely from umbrian clay and Fuller’s earth. It could very well be the only soap you need for face and body the entire time you’re camping and you don’t have to worry about it taking up too much space or leaking in your backpack.
Happy trails to you!